Blogs > Lighten Up with Sarah

Sarah Buchanan is a 48-year-old full-time Lakeland Community College nursing student who knows she represents many people struggling with their weight. The Painesville resident will work together with her family to get active and get healthy.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Letting stress get to me again..

Seems like when one thing changes for the good here comes another that stresses me and the emotional eating comes in again...I so need to get over this problem but its something I've did all my life and may take time to break.  Best part of the week is I got a new bathing suit thanks to my 21 yr old son, thank god for a very supportive family. I was too proud to say yes when he offered to pay for it, but when I was told that this is something I needed to help me, and I didn't have a choice we were going shopping, I went.  SOooo  I thought great, things are looking up, stresses are getting better, then I get some more news.  Lakeland let me know that I am very close to using up the credits for a 2 yr college and my degree, I thought ok, alot of students including myself take filler classes a little to wait for the almost 2 yr waiting list for the nursing program and they agreed with me about that, but now i have to check into other 4 yr schools in the area or move to get close to one so that I can finish my nursing degree. Major stesses for me and here comes the emotional eating again, I have notice that I am recognizing what I'm doing and was grabbing more for salads or other veggies, something that was a little better for me then junk food, but I still did grab a small bag of chips or a some of the vegan chocolate chips I have(those are ok for me, but a tbsp is a snack, I didn't measure them, I just know I ate more then I should have). 

Well tomorrow is a new week and even though I dread the weigh in, it seems i was down 20 lbs before this contest started, then up 4 lbs when it did, was down 6 lbs by the end of the first week after weigh in and right back up.  Sometimes I can't tell if its what i'm eating, how much of it, or my thyroid being off again.  For that I have to wait another month to be seen to check it, but I'm still not giving up on this.  What will be fun is this week I have my twin step-daughters with me...they are 13 and love to walk, exercise and love the pool. So besides challenging me, they are encouraging me too in addition to everyone else. We'll see how this week goes and hope it can only get better.

Sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home