Blogs > Lighten Up with Sarah

Sarah Buchanan is a 48-year-old full-time Lakeland Community College nursing student who knows she represents many people struggling with their weight. The Painesville resident will work together with her family to get active and get healthy.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

A weekend with family

Sorry for the late blog. I was with family that lives a few hrs from us. It was a great day on Saturday, we attended my nephew Scottie's  basketball game, he plays both JV and Varsity(they won both games too!!), and my niece Emma who is 9 was a mini-cheerleader at the game, i am so blessed to have them both and they made me so proud to be their aunt. I normally sit on the bottom row of the bleachers, but climbed up higher to be with the rest of my family and even though it may be only 8 or 10 steps further up to get there, every little bit counts when it comes to exercise and trying to get healthy.  We all went to dinner after the game and I was happy that on the menu was a vegetarian meal that I would be able to have, what I did plan before and have decided to do if and when we do go out is only to eat half of what I order.  It seems that meal are alot larger then they used to be and a few times i have asked for a box when ordering my meal so that I separate the two at the beginning so I am not tempted to finish it all.  Looking forward to the week, I am meeting with a coach/trainer at the YMCA and hoping to plan my schedule to where I can get some time to speak to someone about the exercise classes in the pool there also, and possibly yoga.  Will write more in a few days to update and look forward to anyone that would like to write in. Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home