Blogs > Lighten Up with Sarah

Sarah Buchanan is a 48-year-old full-time Lakeland Community College nursing student who knows she represents many people struggling with their weight. The Painesville resident will work together with her family to get active and get healthy.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

No excuses...

Well I hope the next weigh in goes better then this one.  I unfortunately went in the wrong direction, traveling out of town, hurrying to school and not taking the time to cook my food ahead of time or pack things the night before did not help,  it happens to everyone but its no ones fault but my own. Portion control and emotional eating have been some of my issues but I am getting much better at controlling both of these now, which is a huge step in the right direction for me.

But this is another month and things are going to get better.  I was able to get to the Y and meet with Beth, she is sooooo supportive and a great person to talk to, everyone was very helpful. I also went to my first chair yoga class on Tuesday(the teacher is great by the way, and very patient).  I thought my body would really be yelling at me on Wednesday morning but to be honest I think i felt better, this is really encouraging to me.  I'll start water fitness this week, and on Friday will be taught how to do weight training. 

I have made myself up a schedule to follow(which I had never did before), and went over this with Beth.  I wrote it down on a calendar and found an app for my smartphone so i can't say I forgot the times or I need someone to remind me. I can check my calendar and my phone sends me reminders.  

I just have to keep saying to myself...NO EXCUSES...and stick to everything, it took a long time to gain the weight and it will take time for it to come off...but i'm the only one by eating right and exercising that will achieve the weight loss.

Sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home