Blogs > Lighten Up with Sarah

Sarah Buchanan is a 48-year-old full-time Lakeland Community College nursing student who knows she represents many people struggling with their weight. The Painesville resident will work together with her family to get active and get healthy.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

A few productive days.....

The past few days have been going much better.  I have an appointment with Beth Horvath at the YMCA on friday to help me with my personal fitness. I also signed up for the water fitness classes which are held at least 4 days per week, this will be great for cardio.  Also I am going to attend the chair yoga classes.  I thought about some of the other programs offered at the Y like pilates and zumba, and normal yoga, but I don't want to get overwhelmed by taking on to many things at once, or doing classes that I cannot handle yet. It would only discourage me and that is the last thing I want to happen because I'm afraid I would give up and think that everything is just to hard for someone my size.  We all know this is not true, you just have to start out slow and take things one day at a time. She also told me I could sit in on the classes that I am interested in and see what I thought too before signing up, which I think is a great idea.

Beth was wonderful to speak with, she took the time out of her day when calling me to set up my appointment, and talk to me for almost an hour on the phone and answer quite a few question. She seems like such a patient person and I really look forward to meeting with her. I also decided to put something on my facebook page to let family and friends know about what I am doing when it comes to this blog and decided to make up a menu for the week and cook things ahead and divide them into the right portions I should be having. I've noticed that I'll get in a hurry while leaving for school and forget to grab something good for me to have for my lunch and end up getting something at Lakeland.  Its not that Lakeland has bad food at all, its honestly good and they do have veggie burgers there too but for me its not portioned, and it can get expensive if i do this to much.

My classes at the Y all start on the 26th of Feb...I have to be honest, i have feelings of excitement but at the same time dread because I know how out of shape I am.  But as the old saying goes...no pain, no gain...lol. 

Take care,

Sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home